STROLLING IN THE BANK



Today I walked into a bank. The bank was situated at Moi Avenue. The bank was equity bank. I went to open a bank account since, my post bank, and NCBA bank account could not be connected to my PayPal account.


This really made me frustrated. I had cash in my PayPal account but I couldn't withdraw it. As a blogger I know most of our payments from the ads network are paid via PayPal. I felt the need to check for a bank account that could be easily connected to my PayPal account.

I walked onto the bank, there was a big queue. I had to wait. I just stood there near the opening counter. Everyone was busy walking with papers here and there. Some were holding their cheques while they walked in. I was a customer, a new guy in this bank. I never wanted to walk around without any cause.


The security lady who was outside the door of entrance, asked me what I wanted. She asked me that because, I was not wearing anything official. I had put on my short, with a long sleeve t-shirt written hawai taditon on the back. I had my old sandals. I never planned to go to the bank. This idea came later. 

My pocket was empty, I had no bundles in my phone. I had to think of something, this drove me to this bank. 

There was a lady on the counter who offered me sit and asked me what I wanted. I told her that I wanted to open a bank account. She never asked me anything after that. She just gave me an application form to fill in. I looked for an empty table and went to put on my details. 


What I thought is that it would take a short time for me to sign up for the account, but I realised since I entered the bank I took almost half an hour in. After I finished the application I slowly took back to the first counter. People were surprised on how I was dressed they looked at me. I never cared. 

I was told to wait when I took my application form back to counter number one. I had to wait for the counter number two. In this counter there was a lady who sat there since I came in. I really wondered what could be the possible discussion. 


The people who were at my service. Were making jokes. Very impressive ones. They were happy and smiling. Do you know what came in my mind? I just looked at how they were dressed. So dashing. The phones they were using, I can't talk about that. I imagined the kind of life they live. 


Maybe they receive approximately a salary of sixty thousands a month, to me that would be a life saver. I just wished I was through with my education so that me too could get enrolled in working environment. My life wouldn't be that hard as it is right now. Everyone is looking for away to make his or her life easier.



Post a Comment